Personal Web Pages
Web-based Email Tutorial
Slow Connect Speeds
WCOIL Promail is an automated, private and secure service that filters SPAM e-mail from your inbox! With this service, you will no longer have to receive unsolicited e-mails. You have total control over your filter settings and only you have access to your e-mail. Here is how it works.
Your e-mail passes through WCOIL's automated filters, which scans certain characteristics of the e-mail to detect junk mail based on specific criteria. Suspicious e-mail from unknown addresses are separated from your inbox and placed in a folder in your web-based email. Because it is web-based, you can check your blocked e-mail and then choose to read the e-mail, delete the e-mail or deliver the e-mail without affecting your personal computer.
WCOIL Promail allows you to block senders from sending to you again, as well as approve previously blocked senders. It is totally controlled by you.
Individual settings for your WCOIL Promail can be changed at any time. We recommend checking your Promail folder often when you first subscribe to see the blocked e-mails. This will help to give you an indication if you should change your controller settings.
To change settings or allow or deny senders in Promail:
1. Open your browser window (Internet Explorer or Netscape)
2. Go to www.wcoil.com and click on the link for My WCOIL
3. Type in your email address and password and click Login
4. Click on the Promail link in the upper right-hand corner
5. Add email addresses that you wish to allow or deny by typing in the box in the center, choosing allow or deny and clicking Save Address. If you wish to allow or deny an entire domain, use *@domain.com. (e.g. *@wcoil.com)
6. The spam settings can also be changed. The higher the number, the more spam you will receive and so, the lower the number, the less spam you will receive.
To check mail that Promail has blocked:
1. Either click on the button to check Webmail now or enter your web-based email from the WCOIL home page.
2. If necessary, login using your email address and password.
3. Click on your Promail folder to view filtered messages. If a message appears that you wish to view, simply click on the message to read it. If you use another email program, like Outlook Express, simply put a checkmark in the box in front of the email and at the bottom, choose to move message to Inbox. To view the message in another program, log out of webmail and open your email program. The message should now appear. You may want to add the sender to your Promail settings as explained in the previous section.
4. Messages in the Promail folder will automatically be deleted after 7 days.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call WCOIL Technical Support at 419-229-2645 or 888-229-2645.
Technical Support hours are Monday-Thursday, 8am-9pm and Friday, 8am-5pm and Saturday, 9am-5pm.