Making a personal web page
Uploading images to Ebay
Basic CGI Scripts
Personal Web Page Publication
Before you attempt to upload your web page, you should make sure you have FTP software installed on your computer. The FTP software used in the following instructions is called WS_FTP and can be downloaded free of charge from IP Switch's Web Site.
If you would like to use instructions that include screen shots and additional helpful links, visit WCOIL Design's FTP instructions on the WCOIL Designs web site.
1. Use any web authoring software (such as Netscape Gold) to create your web pages on your computer. It is best and easiest if you create and modify your pages on your computer before transferring the files to WCOIL. Your initial page (home page) must be called index.html.
2. Connect to the internet as you normally do.
3. Open up the FTP program (WS_FTP). We want to connect to your domain and we do this by entering the following information in the FTP screen:
UserID: login name (put your login name here in lower case letters)
Passwd: ******* (put your password in here, it will show up as *)
Initial Dir: (leave blank)
Account: (leave blank)
4. With your mouse, double click on the www directory. Your current directory will now read /www.
-This will bring up a blank text field, here you enter in "www" and click "OK".
-This is the directory you must upload your files to.
6. Either individually or as a group, transfer the files to your domain's host system by highlighting the file(s) and clicking on the arrow button in the middle that is pointing to the host system.
7. Once you have all of your files transferred to your www directory, highlight the file called index.htm. Once highlighted, click on the Rename button and rename the file to index.html. (It must be called index.html with the four character extension).
8. If you are using FrontPage you will use the same username and password. For further FrontPage Help please refer to the help file within the FrontPage program.
Modifications to your pages can be done whenever and as often as you like.
The URL for your pages will be as follows: