A - K
L - Z
Making a personal web page
Uploading images to Ebay
Basic CGI Scripts
Uploading Images to Ebay
- Once you have the picture saved on your hard drive. Then connect
to WCOIL as usual. Make sure you pictures are saved as a jpg or gif.
- Open up the WS_FTP or any other ftp program.
NOTE: the directions below are for the WS_FTP program,
the settings are similar in other FTP programs).
- Open up the FTP program. We want to connect to www2. To do, enter the following information in the
FTP screen, and then click OK:
UserID: user name (lower case letters)
Passwd: ******* (when you type your password, it will
show up as "*")
Initial Dir: (leave blank)
Account: (leave blank)
NOTE: if you already see www on the remote host side then
skip to Step 5, if not then continue with Step 4.
- On the remote host side (right side), click on the MkDir
button. Type in the name of the new directory: www (it must
be lower case).
- With your mouse, double click on the www directory. (The current directory
will now read /home/login name/www)
- On the Local PC side (left side), locate the directory where your
graphic files are located.
- Either individually or as a group, transfer the files to the www2 host
system by highlighting the file(s) and clicking on the arrow button in the
middle that is pointing to the host system.
The URL for your images will be as follows: http://www2.wcoil.com/~loginname/imagename